The CE marking or European compliance which is mandatory on all products covered by the directives and must be affixed to the product before it is presented to consumers, except as required by a particular directive. CE marking is symbol/ mark of conformity that allows the free flow of products between countries within the European Economic Area.
The most common directives applied to electronic devices are:
- 2014 / 35 / EU Electromagnetic compatibility directive (EMC).
- Low voltage directive (LVD) No. 2014 / 35 / EU.
- 2014 / 53 / EU Radio equipment directive.
- 2006 / 42 / EC Directive on the restriction of the use of certain dangerous substances (RoHS).
- 2012 / 19 / EU waste directive for electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE).
Six steps for CE marking electrical and electronic goods
- Product classification
- Economic operator classification
- Conformity procedure- Perform product testing and/or safety assessment.
- Technical Files
- EU Declaration of Conformity
- CE marking – affixing the CE marking in accordance with the Low Voltage Directive.
CE standard is important for some of the categories mentioned in above classification. CE compliance audit is easy with our certified experts. CE certification in Yemen is easy and hassle free in a cost effective way.